Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Minecraft Server

Okay, so since DarkRP and SB still need to be rolled out, this at least won't be happening for quite some time if it ever does, but I'm bored so I'm gonna at least try.

Basically, I'm making a Minecraft server. It won't be rolled out or hosted or anything until the other servers are out but I'm going to set one up locally, make it and test the files, etc. What modpack should it be? There are many, and I hate vanilla. Please don't suggest vanilla. Dino suggested the Direwolf20 packs. I am partial to Tekkit Classic. There's the popular, main FTB ones, and the Technic ones. Which one do you think would be fun and popular enough to sustain?

Again: bear in mind that this won't be released for quite some time, if ever, but I want to make one and if it's popular enough, it could happen.
Professional Copyright Infringer
Jailbreak Mentor
Apparently has a crush on Taiga
I like tekkit classic Tongue so that sounds fun to me
Sandbox Owner/Dev -- Since 12/31/2017
Jailbreak Senior Admin -- Staff Since 14/8/2017
One problem with TC is that some plugins may not be available because it runs on 1.2.5, so newer plugins don't exist for versions that far back.
Jailbreak Mentor
I'd support this, I've played on some Tekkit servers once, and I think some other people would play on this too. I'd prefer the Technic Tekkit though :p
Hope you have a great day!
My current problem is that I may be unable to run it to test and whatever because it uses a hell of a lot of RAM and processing power
Jailbreak Mentor
(22-02-2018, 10:50 PM)Vulpus Maximus Wrote: One problem with TC is that some plugins may not be available because it runs on 1.2.5, so newer plugins don't exist for versions that far back.

could probably find or make a updated version of it
Sandbox Owner/Dev -- Since 12/31/2017
Jailbreak Senior Admin -- Staff Since 14/8/2017
Yeah, but then it wouldn't be the official and it wouldn't be popular or as well-known and we wouldn't get the players to sustain the server if it eventually went up

DW20 1.12 gets a lot of players
Jailbreak Mentor
Okay, so I have narrowed it down to two possible things: vanilla or Tekkit Classic. Bukkit wasn't made for modded Minecraft, so it is difficult to get it to work in any capacity and even then it is temperamental. Tekkit Classic, however, has Bukkit built in, so this is not an issue. It then comes down to the fact that Tekkit Classic is fantastic and nostalgic, but vanilla allows for a lot of new and updated plugins that allow for a lot of interesting stuff, as well as being easier to set up and operate. At the moment, I am working on a vanilla server for 1.11 which is currently the best for plugins, but I am also able to work on a Tekkit Classic server. As this wouldn't be released for quite some time, I may be able to work on setting up both and then whichever works best would be the one that is released.
Jailbreak Mentor
I would support it, I played on some Tekkit servers once, and I think some other people will play it too. I would prefer Technic Tekkit, although I don't relax too badly on this site http://bgaoc.com
I found a cool site I spend here all my free time https://bgaoc.com/online-slots Wink
I will support it, as we all know Technic Tekkit is nyc site to relax on. that's why i refer this to more people and i think they will play it too